Tuesday, January 5, 2016

RINCON DE GUAYABITO'S TRIP - JULY 2015


We were so fortunate to get to go back to Mexico in just six months after our last trip.  Although this time, we thought it would be a great idea to bring my Mom and get her out of the country for the first time in her life!  She saved up her money to get her passport, then I filled out the paperwork for her and we both went down to the passport office and it came in 4 weeks!  Plenty of time before our trip.  My Mom and I even went shopping at Old Navy for her and got her some cute summer clothes. Of course it is always a process packing everyone, plus asking the Parents what they need us to bring to them from the States.  A couple days before the trip, my Mom arrived with her stuff and we went through it to make sure she had everything she needed.  Carlos didn't go this time, but he was gracious enough to drive Julian and our luggage, while Taj drove my car with me, my Mom and the kids to the airport.  It wasn't too chaotic at the airport, but of course, my Mom was being super annoying because she couldn't smoke.  Our first flight, we flew from Seattle to Portland on a small plane and then we flew to Santa Ana, California where we spent the night in a hotel (because it made more sense cost wise), then we ate dinner and woke up super early to call our cab and head back to the airport to catch our flight to Puerto Vallarta!!



 We finally made it to PV and my Mom was again grumpy because she hasn't smoked in hours and we still need to make it through immagration.  Julian and the kids made their way down the terminal to find Nana and Papa and I was waiting for my Mom because she walks slow and had to use the bathroom.  I forgot how long the cooridors were and it took forever to find a bathroom.  We finally found one, she went and then we made our way to Nana and Papa.  We were so excited to see them!  My Mom walked outside and first thing she did, was of course, light up a cigarette.  UGH.  She was also surprised at the heat and humidity even though we tried to warn her.  Nana and Papa brought two cars to get us, so Julian, my Mom and Celine drove with Nana.  Then me, Addy and Christian drove with Papa.  We made our way out of PV and into the Jungle (thats what we like to call it) and once we're out of the jungle that means we're close to Nana and Papa's house.


 We finally got there and they had made so many cool changes.  Of course, we took the time to show my Mom around the house and she thought it was so unbelieve and huge!
We spent the first night just unpacking and drinking and catching up.  Then the next morning we all packed up and went to our favorite spot on the beach.  My Mom didn't go because she was hung over from the night before.  We spent most of the day at the beach and then we took Nana home so she could prepare for dinner.  We finally all made it home, all rinsed off in the outdoor shower and then made our ways up to the main showers and ate a delicious dinner.


The next morning, we ate breakfast and decided to go to the beach again, which is really the only thing that we could do that would keep us cool.  So again we packed up and this time my Mom came with us.



We all had a blast in the ocean and took some great pictures!  At one point, my Mom was getting swept away by the waves and I was already in the water behind her and it wasn't making me nervous, but it made Papa nervous enough that he ran down to the beach from the chairs to ensure she was okay.  Its always the same routine when we get home from the beach.  Me, Julian and the kids pretty much went to the beach every day.

Sometimes even late in the evening.  Most of the evenings at the beach the sun turned into a thunder and lightening storm and that was our cue to leave the beach.  The days when we didn't go to the beach, we hung out at Nana and Papa's and the kids would swim in their pool.



My Mom was pretty miserable with all of the heat and we were staying for a total of 17 days, so one day I took her aside and asked her, if I could make it happen, would she like to go home a week early?  She said that she felt bad, but yes she would like to go home if we could make it happen.  Lalo, Amanda and their family were arriving a week later than when we arrived they all got settled in, upstairs of all places, she we were pretty much upstairs.  We figured the kids would all sleep together and that Lalo and Amanda would sleep in the back of the house, but I guess that wasn't their plan.  My Mom was leaving the next day, and we had planned to celebrate Lalo and Kaiya's birthday since their birthdays were both in July, so Nana picked up a cake and a giant pinata and we all had a delicious dinner and cake in the back party room.  Then we watched the kids bust open the pinata.



We woke up the next day and said our goodbyes to my Mom and drove her to the airport.  I was a little nervous sending her through the airports alone since she hasn't flown (other than our trip there) by herself since she was 16 and times have obviously changed since then.  She unfortunately had two layovers, but eventually made her way home and Taj picked her up from the airport.  She stayed at our house with Taj pretty much until we came home.


Lalo and Amanda eventually moved downstairs into the room my Mom was in on the main floor.


Since Lalo, Amanda and their girls were there, we made our way back to the beach and Amanda was a little nervous of her girls by the ocean and at one point panicked and dove in the wanter and got a very bad sand burn on her leg.  Ever since that happened, she was hesitent to go back to the beach.  Although I think we got them to go at least one more time, just us, not the parents.  But she didn't go near the water.



Celine was compaining of having a bad ear ache to where it was making her cry, so we decided to take her to the next town to go to the doctors.  Papa drove just her and I there and you litterally walk into this tiny doctors office and he checked her out and confirmed she had an ear infection and then we had to walk next door to the pharmacy to get her some ear drops and antibiotics.  She had to take medicine and drops for the next 10 days and keep her head above water for the next few days.  She eventually started feeling better.  Then unfortunately Kaiya got the same infection and got the same medicine.  Plus my Mom found that she even had an ear infection once she was back home and had to go to the doctors to get medicine.  Both the Mexican doctor and the US doctor confirmed it was from the dirty water where the waves break at shore.  So I always made sure to make my way out into the water up past my chest.  I wasn't as nervous to go under water out there.


Our direct family decided to drive into Puerto Vallarta for a night and stay at a hotel with a pool, then spend the next day visiting shops in PV.  We ended up having dinner, then swimming in the pool for a little bit, but then we had to get out because there was thunder and lightening.  We walked around for a little bit, then came back when it was dark and went down to the pool again, because they were all lit up with Christmas lights.
Plus there were four pools.  The main one, a kids one, an adult one and a hot tub.  The room was nice because it had AC but I was finding that it was getting a little cold, but all you had to do was walk out onto the deck where the hot Mexico air would warm you right up!  We were on our way back to Guayabito's but stopped at Starbucks in PV so we could check our emails since they had WIFI there.






We got back and spent the next couple of days together, then Lalo and Amanda were celebrating their anniversary, so they decided to leave one night early and drive into PV and go to the same restaurant that they went to on their honeymoon and stay in a fancy hotel.  The day before we were leaving, Eva's sister/husband and a young boy, although older than Celine came to stay for the weekend.


We of course, all went to the beach and Me, Julian, Celine, Eva's sister and the young boy along with other strangers all decided to get on the banana boat for a ride around.  We agreed that they could whip us off and I thought it was only going to be once, but it ended up being 3 times!  And the last time they flung us off, I got nailed in the temple but a leg, knee or something, because once they whip the boat around, all the people on the banana boat just cannot stay on and fly off and I'm pretty sure it was the lenky young boy's leg that was sitting behind me that nailed me it the side of the head.  It wasn't his fault, it was totally out of control, but man it still hurt.  While I was trying to make my way up out of the water for air, all I could do was hold the side of my head.  Julian swam right up to me to ask if I was okay and I thought I was bleeding, but it turned out it was just make up that he was seeing.  But once I got back on the beach, I sat down and had to ice my temple area.  I had quite a large red lump.  Lesson learned:  Sit on the very back of the banana boat, because if you are up near the front all the people behind you can potentially land on you.  Bummer.  But Celine had fun.


Finally it was time to leave and of course, it was a teary goodbye with both Nana and Papa.  It was a great trip, however I'm not sure we'll ever go back in July.  It was just too hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment